"To all Ways there are side-tracks. If you study a Way daily, and your spirit diverges, you may think you are obeying a good Way, but objectively it is not the true Way. If you are following the true Way and diverge a little, this will later become a large divergence. You must realize this."
- Do not harbor sinister designs. Think honestly and truthfully.
- The Way is in training. One must continue to train.
- Cultivate a wide range of interests in the ten skills and ten arts. Then one can definitely find the benefits of hyoho and develop oneself.
- Be knowledgeable in a variety of occupations, and learn the thinking of people who work in them.
- Know the difference between loss and gain in worldly matters.
- Nurture the ability to perceive the truth in all matters. It is important to build up an intuitive judgment and understand true values.
- Be aware of those things which cannot be easily seen with the eye. Develop intuitive judgment and a mind that freely controls one's body.
- Do not be negligent, but pay attention even to the smallest details. Keep them in mind all the time, so as to avoid unexpected failure.
- Do not engage in useless activity. Do not argue about useless things. Concentrate on your duties.